There are 73 HIV testing facilities available in the state. This test is performed in the ICTC, PPTCT, Facility Integrated Counseling and Testing Centre (FICTC), PPP-ICTC, Mobile ICTC
There is 1 State Reference Laboratories (SRL) in the state which are conducting External Quality Assessment for HIV testing. located at the Department of Microbiology of NEIGRIHMS,Shllong. There are 16 nos. of Stand Alone ICTCs in the state which are doing the confirmatory tests for HIV and participating in the quarterly EQAS.
There is 1 CD4 Testing Laboratories located at Civil Hospital Shillong
- Supervise and mentor the ICTC Lab. Techs. for quality testing.
- Participate in the EQAS under NACP.
- Undertake Proficiency Testing on the Panel Sera (panel of 8 members) provided by NRL twice a year as per the EQAS calendar and Send the report of the PT panel within 1 week of receipt to the concerned NRL.
- Distribute the Panel Sera (panel of 8 members) provided by NRL twice a year as per the EQAS calendar to all ICTCs and Blood Banks under SRL and compile the Cumulative Report of the Panel Sera from ICTCs and Blood Banks for onward communication to the NRL.
- Follow up with the centers in case of no reporting from the site.
- Retest 20% positive and 5% negative samples received from ICTCs (of specimens received by ICTCs in the first 7 days of Jan., April, July and Oct.). Send the report back of the inter-lab. Comparison within 7 days of receipt especially where discordance is noted.
- Confirm all Indeterminate and Discordant samples from ICTCs by referring sample to NRL.
- Induction/Refresher Training of ICTC Lab. Technicians.
- NABL Accreditation of SRL &ICTC NEIGRIHMS